07 December 2011

thanks.

i know thanksgiving is well past, but it's been so busy lately (mostly with celebrating!) that i haven't sat down to write. thanksgiving came at the perfect time this year. i was burnt out at work, frustrated with pieces of my friendships, and struggling to find balance. i took four days and filled my soul with reminders of things for which i am oh so grateful.

today i feel those things magnified again. i am grateful first and foremost for my beautiful marriage, a life-long adventure with my favorite person in the world. i am grateful for my ever-growing family, which is full of laughter and surprises and a little obsessive compulsiveness, all of which make me even more grateful. the span of generations at a table together amazes me. i am grateful for my friends, for the ebb and flow of our lives and the fact that we enjoy sharing them with each other. i am grateful for lou. i love the way his whiskers look like an old man's beard, how he smells funny and has a puffy face when he wakes up, and how happy he is to curl up with me whenever i need it. i'm grateful for my job; it is challenging and certainly not the end of the line, but it's a special place full of dynamic, beautiful, dedicated people that teaches me something new every day and allows me the financial freedom to enjoy the time i'm not there. i'm grateful for our condo, which is feeling less like an apartment and more like a home, and the fact that each night my favorite person (see above) calls it home too. plus, this time of year, it almost always smells good. speaking of smelling good, i am grateful for the delicious food i get to enjoy - there is so much of it, it makes me happy, and does so much more than provide nutrients. it nourishes my soul. i am grateful for hot yoga, for taking the time and making the commitment to myself to become stronger, create peaceful spaces in my brain, and feel beautiful. i am grateful for the exploration i am able to do every day, because of the people in my world, the opportunities i've been given, the work i strive to do...

i don't know who exactly i say thank you to, but i am so overwhelmingly thankful.

and that's definitely my beautiful thing of the day.

love,
j

No comments:

Post a Comment