13 December 2009

(late gift).

ok. i need to make sure every day means every day, not two things every other day.

to be fair, yesterday was the gre, and then i made dinosaur christmas (and a couple jewish) cookies, which will constitute my second beautiful thing, and today would have been my grandpa's birthday, so i spent all day with my family.

ah, excuses, excuses.

beauty neither stops nor waits for the world to catch up.

so, my first beautiful thing is actually another blog. inspired by my lovely friend slash penpal slash soul-friend elena, i've been looking at everything in a new light. and when i let her know about my blog, she started her own! and it, much like she, is absolutely stunning. so here it is:


i love it. i love her. and tomorrow i am going to entirely secretly buy a stranger something, even if it is small. (elena, i will probably be sending you something very soon as well). by the way, elena (creatureface) is having a birthday in four days.

that definitely calls for sweets. which brings me to my second beautiful thing, which is dinosaur christmas cookies. my cousin kelly anne (fully aware of my love for dinos) bought me a williams-sonoma set of dinosaur cookie cutters from goodwill, and everyone knows stegosauri are definitely the most spirited members of the animal kingdom when it comes to christmas...





ps. if you and i are anything alike, you really ought to listen to christmas in hollis. now.

in fact, here's a freebie:


(how about that, THREE beautiful things? amazing).

love,
j

1 comment:

  1. it is an honor to be a beautiful thing on your blog!

    thank you for inspiring me, listening to me, and being in my family.

    and i remember watching that video IN 1987!

    ReplyDelete