17 February 2010

hey there, daffydilly

i had a little bit of time this morning between breakfast with my step-dad and my community partners meeting at cleveland high school, and there was no traffic at all, so i popped over to the market to buy some flowers... i was a bit early, so the flower vendors weren't unpacked yet, but i got to smell all the things i love about the market: fresh hum bao, the salty air coming in from the water, ripe vegetables, hot donuts, the fish stands...

but one of my favorite things in early spring is the color. and all along the roof this morning were hundreds and hundreds of daffodils. and i've decided, that when i'm a real grown-up, i definitely am going to have daffodils on my roof. and maybe tulips, too.



meanwhile (to follow up), here's my george:


happy early spring!
love,
j

No comments:

Post a Comment