02 February 2010

(the supply closet).

it's been a bumpy week, so i've been a bit absent dealing with a number of deadlines, and a little serving of sorrow... but all the more reason to find my beautiful things and share them. so here we go, pick ourselves up, dust it off, and remember all that joy just waiting.


my darling e and i were talking about stationary a while back... i love it. all of it. how it smells, how it feels, the beauty of taking the time to handwrite a loved one a letter...

she's in a show called dead man's cellphone, and she sent me this piece (like a small treat):

Scene 6
(At the stationary store.
The supply closet.
The light is dim.
Jean and Dwight are touching embossed invitations,
Closing their eyes.)

Jean
Feel this one. Like a leaf.

(Dwight feels it.)

This one. Branches. Tablecloths. Wool.

(She passes it to Dwight.)

This one is my favorite one, though. I’d like to live in a little house made of this one.

(She passes it to Dwight.)

Dwight
A house made of paper.

(Dwight tries to build a little house out of the paper.)

Jean
Yeah.
And this one! Braided hair.

(Dwight touches it.)

Dwight
Can I braid your hair?

Jean
What?
Okay.

(Dwight stands behind jean and fumbles with her hair.)

Dwight
Am I pulling too hard?

Jean
No, that’s fine. It feels nice.


(thank you, e. you're fantastic).
love,
j

No comments:

Post a Comment