04 September 2011

i do


i could write tonight about any of the million details of marrying j that were beautiful. i could write about the decorations we spent hours making, every word painted on signs, each of the crystal pie plates, the backdrop made from hundreds of feet of different shades of yellow ribbon and tulle. i could write about the toasts: about how both my parents gave me huge gifts with their words that night, and then my new ma-in-law got up and made me feel so loved, or about martin and alyssa, and how their faith in us makes me so proud and simultaneously grateful. i could write about the incredible food and music, the amazing guests that flew in from all over the country, or the best officiant and friend we could have asked for.

but instead i say this: after our ceremony j and i snuck away to share some secret promises. they weren't anything different than what we'd said in our vows, they were just more personal. some were in danish. some were silly. all were incredibly intimate. my first promise was to love j more every day.

and that's my beautiful thing today. on monday i stood across from my soulmate and pledged my life and soul and entire being to him. i loved him more at that moment than i had ever loved anyone or anything. i loved him more than i knew was possible.

and today? i love him even more.

love,
j

No comments:

Post a Comment