20 October 2011

i got you this.

i've been meaning to write about this for a while, actually -

my beautiful thing today is a game i play with my mom. it's simple, easy to include others, takes very little time, and makes me feel so much better on days where i'm a little ornery.

basically, we send each other quick emails that say "i got you this," occasionally with humerous commentary. and then we attach images of truly heinous, tacky, tasteless things. or bizarre. it's an exercise in finding the least appealing gifts on the planet, and she and i are both masters at it. and it makes me laugh every time. so now, when i have a really rough day, i type "i got you this" into the search box of my email and go through a few archived classics. it never ceases to improve my mood.

here's a few examples:





don't i have the coolest mom?

ps. i got you this:



love,
j

1 comment: